Monday, May 20, 2013

SS90 Project- Sears Frame

Some of my inspiration I have saved on Pinterest

I am cutting out the spot welds on the floorboard supports. Eventually I will get to the horn cover and the rest of the legshield itself. I can practice without screwing much up. I started by center punching the spot weld and then using a spot weld drill cut it out. I immediately broke the teeth off of the first one. The second went a bit better but still broke it. Finally I went to the step bit. I punched a hole all the way through but it seems to be the easiest way for me. It wont leave the spot weld to grind off afterwards.
It is hard to see. But there are a lot of spot welds drilled out.

The support has been removed. Vespa didn't paint or prime before the support was attached so it was very rusty.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about doing this too and your blog came up during a search. Did you complete?

    ReplyDelete